Saturday, March 5, 2011

We're in the backstretch of the winter season.
The time of year I'm crawling in my skin. 

When I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror, I'm pale with a tinge of sickly green. 
I'm half sick every day - not enough to keep me down, but leaving me in a state of brain fog.  

I'm clutzier than normal, my muscles ache, and my loved ones start to ask
"are you using your light box?" 

I'm a real prize, no?


These last few months of winter, I try to keep busy (or else I fall asleep)
and it's an absolute necessity to have things to look forward to, besides summer.
And I'm really trying to be kinder to myself these days.
My new outlook started sprouting about the time of my first blog entry.

So this is shaping up to be a fun and soul-nourishing weekend with the girls.
Today Sarah and her little dog Fritz are coming over to work on some jewelry pins. 
Sarah's little dog Fritz
Tomorrow I'm heading early to Jo-Ann Fabrics for their Coupon Commotion sale,
and then to Jody's new studio for card making with a few of us women.

This morning I've been baking some comfort bread. 
Pumpkin nut with cinnamon sugar sprinkled on top,
served on Great-Grandma Louise's china.


Pumpkin Bread & French Roast

Anyone else feel like I do this time of year?  Wanna go do something fun?

Have bread, will travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment