Tuesday, February 8, 2011

We live in the boonies.
Suits us just fine.

That is, until we need to make a cell phone call on a hilly road ("can you hear me now?").

Or quickly look up something on the internet (tick tock...go make myself a snack...tick tock).

No 3G here.  No DSL, cable or radio internet for us. 

To make a frustrating story pleasant, check out what I was doing today
while a satellite technician was here for four hours
troubleshooting my excruciatingly slow connection...


Yup, I was studying the ice crystals on our upstairs bathroom window.
Do you see birds spreading their wings?  Angels in flight?
Oh.  You just see ice crystals on our upstairs bathroom window?  Hmmm.

That's what my husband said too.

2 comments:

  1. I definitely see birds.
    These pics remind me of Little House in the Big Woods when the Ingalls get snowed in and their mom makes candy by pouring molasses into snow. Sorry if you are not a Little House fan. But I am guessing by the previous Hamill hairdo pic, that you might have read those books or watched a few episodes in your youth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh Jenny, we are kindred spirits. I didn't read much Laura Ingalls Wilder as a kid, but a recent selection in our Book Club was "The Long Winter" that she wrote. I'm ashamed to say I haven't read it yet, but plan to. Indeed I did watch some Little House in my day!

    ReplyDelete