Saturday, January 29, 2011

Little Objects That Make Me Happy

He's a HUNTER
The Huntsman's Closet

       I'm a GATHERER        
The Paper Hoarder's Closet

My husband and I have always had very different ideas about decorating and collecting,
causing more than a couple of squabbles when we first started sharing living quarters.
I'm a stasher, he's a tosser.
In time, I guess we've come to accept each other's styles.
Or maybe we've just worn each other down.
It has been a compromise.
I try to keep the clutter contained to places where only I dwell
(the studio, kitchen, my vehicle)
and keep clear the areas where only he dwells
(the recliner, workshop, his vehicle).
As long as he doesn't have to move something to get to what he's reaching for,
he's pretty much okay with it.

And I can't help it.
I am a repository for little objects.
 Like these yo yo's that were in a bag of little objects my aunt just gave me.


I love to be surrounded by my little objects.


It makes me HAPPY.

Oh LOOK! 
An empty shelf!

See?
I've come a LONG way!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you didn't have to give up all those little things that give you such joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you can make beautiful things out of other people's "junk".

    ReplyDelete
  3. That hoarder's closet looks VERY familiar! I love your shelf of happy treasures. I've got little stashes like that all over my house. I recently had a first-time visitor who looked around and then said, "everywhere I look there is something interesting!" I am not sure if this was a compliment or not, but I decided to take it as one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny, that is indeed a compliment! People like us gotta have lots of visual stimulation, eh?
    Thanks, everyone, for your comments - love hearing from you!
    -A.

    ReplyDelete