Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A dear friend recently gave me a whole tin full of vintage buttons.
A whole tin full!

I was bowled over by this magnificent present,
and gasped out loud when I saw these sparkly ones:



There was never a single doubt in my mind that these little lovelies
were going to become a bracelet.
The buttons are attached to a sturdy silver chain using jump rings.

I added more silver buttons found in the tin,
including this one that says "Je Maintiendrai", French for
"I Will Maintain". 

Don't you just love that?
Oui!  Oui!  Oui!

From my collection of treasures from Grandma's attic,
I added this tiny old key to the end of the bracelet. 

Now when I wear my super special sparkly bracelet,
I'm reminded of these women, whom I hold very close to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment