Thursday, May 30, 2013


One of my favorite things to do when we're up north at the cabin is to take a nice slow pontoon ride,
hoping to spot an eagle or a nest at the top of a tall pine along the lakeshore.  

It was our lucky day to find this eagle near the shore hunting for fish.
These pictures were taken with a zoom lens, but I was surprised that it let us get pretty close.
I think that's the closest I've ever been to one of these guys in the wild.



Pompeii enjoys slow pontoon rides too.


We've been seeing lots of geese around the lakes.






Just look at those fuzzy babies!



My favorite chilly weather napping, snacking, coffee drinking spot at the cabin.



Homemade pancakes slathered with peanut butter and pure Wisconsin maple syrup made by our friend's dad.
We buy some of his syrup every year.
Delish!





Our niece Maddy enjoying a sunny day.







It looks like 'somedog' is pouting because we had to go home.


Home, where the old apple tree is in full bloom!


And the Crabapple branches explode in my very favorite color!





Had a bit of a scare last week as I was outside on the porch swing after supper, enjoying the day's last light.
All of a sudden Pompeii and I both saw and heard something at the same time, and I think we got each other worked up.
I could have sworn I saw a person behind the tree.
I ran inside and got my husband to come out and be a witness as I investigated what was behind the tree.
Not able to see anything with my naked eye, I zoomed in with my camera lens and snapped this photo:


A raccoon looking at us as we looked at it!

I think I watch too many of those true crime shows.
(note to self)




No comments:

Post a Comment