Sunday, May 19, 2013


Look at the beautiful blooms in my friend Karen's garden!


The other day I popped over to see all of her new blooming things.

An impromptu photo shoot broke out...



Harley


Amber

Trying to pick out a favorite bloomer wasn't easy,
but I kept going back to these little Fritillaria.
So so sweet, aren't they?  


She had also planted some in soft white.


So much gorgeous color.


Such a lovely friend.


We took our dogs for a walk in our little town, enjoying the warm early evening.
Loved seeing people out and about, puttering in the garden, tending grill in the driveway,
hanging laundry on a backyard clothesline, reading books in lawn chairs,
hoping birds will soon come to a newly hung birdhouse.






Meanwhile, back on the homefront...






The Hummingbirds and Orioles are back!


The Bleeding Hearts are blooming!


And I'm super relieved to see the miniature Crabapple tree that had suffered earlier snowplow damage
is now starting to bloom!  I fretted about it for months.
Whew...so happy to see those little buds.
And in my favorite color!





I made some zucchini fritters a few days ago.
Around here they're called "veggie" fritters because my other half doesn't know they contain zucchini.
Last summer we ate these pretty regularly, and both really like them.

Here's a link to the recipe I use:


This time I used whole wheat flour in place of white flour, and either works fine.

In my humble opinion, the fritters are best served with ketchup.
But only Heinz 57.
Because I'm kind of a ketchup snob like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment