Wednesday, December 19, 2012


Today I'm doing some menu planning for our upcoming festivities.  I need to be prepared in advance as we will be on the road most of the week, first traveling up north and then down south.  My plan is to cook and bake everything tonight and tomorrow, freeze, then grab and go as we pass through.  It sure would be easier if our families all lived in one place!

I've picked a few recipes from a book my Grandma made for me years ago.  It was to be a wedding shower gift, a tradition she had started for her four granddaughters.  Since it took awhile for me to get married, she gave in and I got my book early.  In my youth, and for a few years thereafter, I had a big crush on Kenny Rogers, so she included Kenny's recipe for Country Chicken Salad in my book!

We're expecting an overnight snowstorm, continuing through tomorrow.  Winter Storm Advisories are out, schools are already closed and the salt trucks have been preparing all day.  I'm all ready to be snowed in tomorrow!  Maybe I'll break out the old Kenny Rogers albums!

No comments:

Post a Comment