Wednesday, August 8, 2012

My Life in Pictures
So many times lately I've thought "I should blog about this"-
and then I don't.
I've really missed it.
My sister on the left, me on the right

An art magazine recently asked, what is the one tool you could not live without.
Mine has undoubtedly become my camera.

Truly, one of my greatest pleasures on any given day is viewing photos fresh off my camera card.
I've been blessed this summer with more than the usual amount of picture-taking occasions,
both momentous and borderline-frivolous occasions.
Lucky the Studio Cat

Another immense pleasure of mine is sharing inspirations and experiences right here on my blog.
I've always made a super-conscious effort to keep my blog reflection
of what's genuinely going on in my head and heart.


I've come to the realization (or maybe just now able to admit)
that I generally don't perform well when I'm in a hurry.
I don't mind deadlines or rush orders or busy days once in a while.
But I'm definitely at my best - both personally and creatively - when not in a rush.

My nephew Matthew and Pompeii

I don't really consider myself a fast writer; it sometimes takes awhile to come up with just the right word combinations
(shout-out to Roget's Thesaurus...hello, you). 
Of course I'm judging my writing speed by my own standards, and I tend to be a harsh self-critic.

I've never wanted my blog to be an added pressure or just one more thing to accomplish in a day.
I want to take my time and enjoy the process.
That's why there's been a lapse in blog posts lately.
It's not that things are going badly or there isn't much to blog about.
Quite the contrary, actually.
I just haven't had an adequate amount of time to do a blog post justice.  

So in the interest of time and with the realization that I don't always have to come up with something clever to say...
I've decided to give power to the cliche that 
a picture is worth a thousand words...





A friend Maddy and her dog Puffles

Our niece Madison at the lake

James & Stephanie (my friend Jody's daughter), married July 14.

I found a recipe hand-written by my Grandma.  Served the way she would have, with a pretty plate & napkin.




And now it's starting to look like Autumn in my garden.


Summer's bright fragrant blooming things are beginning to fade,
as cooler-weather flowers prepare for their time in the spotlight.

It will soon be time to slow down the pace a bit.
Not be in a rush.
I'm ready.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! I love your post and all your beautiful photographs. I know what you mean about not rushing. I go back and forth on that. Do I rush it and just get something done, or do wait for the good stuff. Sometimes I get lucky and the good stuff comes quickly. You are such a great photographer! I am inspired!

    ReplyDelete