Sunday, January 22, 2012

This sweet snowman was made by my nephews and their friends!
I love happy accidents.  Awhile back, my Mom cleaned out her bookcase and gave me some books she thought I could use.  Recently I was searching for something in my studio and stumbled upon one of these hardcover books, a compilation of a year’s worth of “Sunshine” magazine from 1969.  The first page I turned to had the following passage that seemed to speak right to my very heart:

JUST THINKING
Take twelve fine, full-grown months;
See that these are thoroughly free from all old memories of bitterness, hate, and jealousy;
Cleanse them completely from every clinging spite;
Pick off all specks of pettiness and littleness;
In short, see that these months are freed from all the past –
Have them as fresh and clean as when they first came from the great storehouse of Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment