Friday, January 13, 2012

Sketchbook Page

It sure felt good to get back to my roots in the studio today…
a blank page
no real plan
rummaging through my stash of vintage paper scraps
searching for just the right combination of bits and pieces.


The three words are cut from an old school paper of my Grandma's that I found in my paper stash.
The background consists of tissue paper gessoed to watercolor paper, painted with watercolor, then machine stitched.
The flowers at the bottom of the page are from photographs of my own garden that I altered gray and white, then painted with watercolors.
The little white flowers are cut from a vintage hankie and adhered to the page with knots made from blue tatting thread.
Vintage graph paper and torn hankie fabric tinted with watercolor make up the leaves.


This is a sketchbook page I'll be submitting into an art contest;
the theme is "stitched". 

1 comment: