Wednesday, November 28, 2018



I went home to our family farm in Illinois for Thanksgiving
and got to meet the newest member of our small family...
little baby Hayes Wilbur.

Cousins:  Hayes and me

Wilbur was my Grandpa's name (and Hayes' great-grandpa)!

I knitted him some overalls and a trapper hat...



Maybe a future farmer?

Awhile back my aunt gave me some old mason jars with cool zinc lids that were from the farm.
I made each family, and some old friends, a snow globe as a keepsake.
Here are a few of them.


I found several old bottle trees at a Goodwill store and knew immediately what I'd do with them.
The red trucks on the ribbon remind me of the tree farm just up the road when we were growing up.
A great memory is watching through the window of the house
as vehicles drove by with their Christmas trees strapped to the top!

Baby Hayes' parents have cattle on the farm,
and I just happened to have a little cow in my stash of itsy-bits in my studio. 
A red rick-rack scarf makes her look festive!
The 'M' is a vintage Scrabble tile, also in my studio stash!


If you noticed the band-aid on my hand in the photo above,
it's the result of an unfortunate incident with a hot glue gun while making these jars.  Yikes!  
But it's healing nicely and hasn't slowed down my knitting at all!

I've been working on Christmas orders and gifts,
and I'm just feeling so very blessed and grateful for another healthy year.


My kitty Lucky

No comments:

Post a Comment