Yesterday I ventured out of the cabin for the first time in days.
I was sick and tired of being sick and tired.
I put on a cute outfit and headed to a salon in town for a haircut to perk me up.
And pretty much nothing makes this girl feel better than a little thrift shopping.
There are two charity thrift shops in town, both run by little old lady volunteers. I love chatting with these precious ladies about the items I'm buying. They ooooohhh and aaaahhh and say what a good deal I got. I'm SO gonna be a great old lady. I bought up some really cute and fun random things, and the combined total of all my thrifted items was less than the one round hairbrush I bought at the salon!
Here's what came home with me:
- An ankle-length winter coat, nice lean lines, dark gray nubby fabric, black collar, interestingly made in the Ukraine so I'm thinking this is a good sign it will be warm!
- Two stocking caps that were exactly one buck each. One is a periwinkle The North Face (!) cap with cute pompom on top, the other hand knit of 100 percent silk yarn using a combination of all my favorite colors
- And did you notice the hand knit ivory scarf hoodie thingy that Pompeii is wearing in the above photo? Yep, scored that too.
- Two more soft warm scarves, one in my most favorite color magenta and the other turquoise
- A gold (slightly, tastefully sparkly) baby-doll style thin sweater to wear to my holiday events with a chunky statement necklace
- And this vintage cup and saucer...
Definitely on the road to recovery over here...