Thursday, April 12, 2012


I fell in love with lemongrass tea on our recent vacation; been craving it since our morning yoga session outside the spa where we stayed.  We served ourselves from a large clear glass container with a spout.  It was love at first sip; I couldn’t get enough of it!  Right then and there I vowed to make lemongrass tea at home.    



There's been a lot of research about the health benefits of lemongrass.  It helps our organs remove toxins, aids in digestion, reduces symptoms of cold, flu and fever, and it even helps with menstrual problems, inflammation and acne, among many other benefits.  
Lemongrass will be part of my diet from now on.  I bought four small bunches at a local Oriental market for $1 each.  I'd love to grow lemongrass in my garden this summer, so I put a bunch in water, hoping it will sprout some roots.  

I had been wondering if the magical lemongrass tea would taste as heavenly,
when not under the spell of yoga by the sea.
Yep...sure does...

No comments:

Post a Comment