Thursday, October 20, 2011

Today I'm feeling so very blessed and grateful for girlfriends.
My Great-Grandma Edith is the pretty lady in the middle.

When I moved here from Illinois almost nine years ago, it took me a long time to meet people.  I had a wonderful group of girlfriends back home, but they were several hours away.  And I really missed them.  Oh how I wished I could meet some people who were just like me.

In the last couple years, I've again been blessed with a fantastic and diverse group of girlfriends.  I can't say they are all like me, or that we all have the exact same interests.  But that's what makes things fun and interesting, don't you think? 


Today I spent almost all day in the company of girlfriends.  An early morning Starbucks date and a few giggly hours in the studio with two new friends followed by a phone call from a dear, dear friend from home.

And now I sit here, a few more phone conversations later, realizing how very lucky I am to be surrounded by such lovely souls.

I hope they know how much they mean to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment