Tuesday, October 4, 2011

STUDIO PROJECT
I've just finished this wedding guest book, for a bride who requested a vintage-style guest book
that can be later enjoyed as a coffee table book in their home.

It is made from the hardcover of a 1925 wildflower book
in the exact color of the bridesmaid dresses (a lucky Goodwill find!).

It is embellished with snippets of fabrics from the bridal dresses.
A charm with a photo of the couple dangles from the metal binder ring.


Vintage elements include a satin button cover with pearls and rhinestones,
button, and stanza from a hymn.


I looooooved digging through my stash of vintage ephemera and embellishments
while working on this project.

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty! I can tell you had fun making it. What a fun project. Isn't it magical when you find the right color or snippet of text for your project. I just love that.

    ReplyDelete