Sunday, October 28, 2018

Babies & Kids
I love getting special knitting requests for babies and toddlers!  There are so many possibilities and I'm very open to ideas, collaborations and photo inspirations.  Most of the time I use my own knitting patterns but may occasionally use a purchased pattern if needed, or a combination of both.  I'd love to make something special for the important little ones in your life!

Here's how you can contact me:
Email:  berge.rager@yahoo.com
Facebook/Messenger:  Amanda Berge Rager


In this post I'm sharing some favorite things I've been knitting up for babies and toddlers.
(Photos used with permission and/or photo credited)

A matching hat and booties set makes a great baby gift.
Here is sweet newborn Auggie.
His grandma and I had so much fun coming up with ideas to keep him warm and snuggly!

 





Below is a hat and slipper set made for a teeny tiny preemie.  
I made the hat with a drawstring so the size can be adjusted as she grows. 
It's topped with a real fur pompom, upcycled from a gorgeous scarf
found at a resale shop in Jackson Hole.
I'm constantly on the lookout for embellishments, even on vacation!  :)


For gift giving, I can ship directly to the recipient if requested.


A custom note may be added.




These little slippers and booties can be made in sizes from preemie to toddler,
and in any color imaginable!




Baby and toddler headbands are available in many styles, sizes and colors.
I don't seem to have many photos to share of the headbands I've made...?
Anyway, headbands are an option and a fun gift or stocking stuffer!



I LOVE making hats!  Really love it.
These are newborn multi-colored stocking caps with yarn pompoms.



My godson Leo had his first professional photo shoot when he was just eight days old.
 Here he is wearing the first hat I knit for him, and it made the front cover of his look book!  

Leo (Original Photo by Defining 78)

All knitted items can be customized to fit individual color preferences and lifestyle.
Little Leo lives in Wisconsin and his family is involved in the snowmobile racing industry.
Maybe a future racer?  :)

These are some itty-bitty newborn furry bear hats.
Have you seen these bear hats being used in newborn photo shoots?
You can google "newborns in knitted bear hats"...it's a thing...so sweet...




It makes me so happy to see things I've knitted being used and loved.

My little buddy Matthew!



When choosing yarn for knitted accessories, I only use yarn that I would personally wear.
I'm pretty sensitive to textures (scratchy is not tolerated!) so all yarn that will be touching skin
must pass my own personal softness test.


I was asked to make a trapper's hat for a little guy's birthday present.


Baby Matthew was my sizing model.
Oh my heart!!




Some of my favorite hats to make are fair isle, or knitted with multiple colors.  



Sometimes I'm asked to make a hat that matches a child's winter coat.
These were made to match a little boy's gray and orange coat.


I make all the pompoms on the hats, using either coordinating yarn or faux fur.

A bowl of pompoms = makes me happy!

I've recently had requests to make baby and toddler sweaters.
I'm blessed with the friendships of several Irish friends who are fans of Notre Dame football!
So far I've made three sweaters for three future fans.  

Other color combinations are possible too!
This sweater would be fabulous in neutral colors like tan or gray,
and I have a great collection of vintage buttons that would be so sweet to use on these.
Another option is to provide your own heirloom buttons and I'll incorporate them into the sweater design.

With silver shamrock buttons

With green shamrock buttons
Quarter shows the scale of the sweater


These sweater vests are just the right weight to add warmth - but not bulk.
They can be made in any size from preemie to toddler, and the color possibilities are endless!
I couldn't resist using a red vintage cloth button on this one.



Harvest Magnolia -
Isn't that a great name!?

This is the latest toddler sweater I've made, for a 16 month old cutie.
I used a yummy eco-friendly bamboo blend yarn that is super soft.
(Update:  I'm unable to get this exact yarn again so I'll be substituting a different but equally yummy yarn in future sweaters)


Later I made a matching hat using the same yarn
(the lighting was different in each of these photos but it's the same yarn...you get the idea).



This is a matching hat set made for a momma, toddler and newborn baby sister!
Matching family hats make really fun photo ops (!) and are great to wear to family events.
I've even made a matching set for momma, toddler, newborn baby and favorite baby doll!




Here are some examples of school "spirit wear" I've made and sold at a local craft sale.
My nephew attends a school whose colors are red, white and Columbia blue.
Any and all color combinations and styles are possible!
I've also matched colors of universities and even national sports teams.
This is a great way to show school spirit in unique style!



My beautiful friend Sarah modeling spirit wear:
Hat, neck warmer, fingerless gloves
Available as fingerless gloves and texting mittens!


This year two friends had baby boys just nine days apart, and they are such a special part of my life!
We recently had a fun playdate and photo shoot at my house.
Check out these cuties...

Matthew and Leo


While I didn't post specific prices on every item you see here, please know I'm often told my prices are very reasonable.  It's a conscious decision I've made to keep my prices fair because I want to share my passion with others and be able to keep making more.  :)  Please note that more complex patterns or larger sizes are naturally a higher price because they take longer to craft and/or use more materials.  As a general idea, though...

Baby and Toddler Hats $12-$20
Child Hats $15-$25
Baby, Toddler and Child Headbands $10-$14
Baby and Toddler Slippers and Booties $18-$24
Baby and Toddler Sweater Vests $14-$24
Baby Sweaters $35-$40
Toddler Sweaters $40-$50
Fingerless Gloves for Kids $14
Texting Mittens for Kids and Teens $18

I'd love to make something special for you!
Here's how you can contact me:

Email:  berge.rager@yahoo.com
Facebook/Messenger:  Amanda Berge Rager

No comments:

Post a Comment