Thursday, November 11, 2010



Your work


is to discover your world


and then with all your heart


give yourself to it. Y


- Buddha








I recently read my Grandma's high school diaries from cover to cover (that's one of them in the photo above). I feel more connected to her now that I've had a glimpse of what her life was like before marrying and raising two daughters (my mom and aunt are in the black and white snapshot). Grandma's diaries were mostly about her daily activities and happenings, like the day they got electricity in their house, fishing and weekend camping with girlfriends, and the first date with my Grandpa. As I savored every word she had written, I kept wondering if her life had turned out the way she wanted it to. I never thought to ask her that. With all my heart, I hope it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment